[SoC] Relation between project "XML improvements" and "pgxml"

From: "Robert Staudinger" <robert(dot)staudinger(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [SoC] Relation between project "XML improvements" and "pgxml"
Date: 2006-05-03 07:57:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

on your summer of code page [1] you outline a project "XML improvements".
Is there any relation (similar goals, feature overlapping, technical
relation) to the "pgxml" project mentioned for some time on [2]? I
have been (remotely) following Oleg Bartunov's page on GiST usage and
datatypes for some time, now that I'm pondering the submission of a
SoC proposal I'm wondering if the "XML improvements" project is a
completely new approach, maybe even superceding the approach outlined
by Oleg.

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/developer/summerofcode
[2] http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/

Best regards,