Re: [SoC] Relation between project "XML improvements" and "pgxml"

From: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Robert Staudinger" <robert(dot)staudinger(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SoC] Relation between project "XML improvements" and "pgxml"
Date: 2006-05-03 20:23:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 5/3/06, Robert Staudinger <robert(dot)staudinger(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> on your summer of code page [1] you outline a project "XML improvements".
> Is there any relation (similar goals, feature overlapping, technical
> relation) to the "pgxml" project mentioned for some time on [2]?

No, the XML project idea submitted did not include Oleg's stuff at all.

> now that I'm pondering the submission of a
> SoC proposal I'm wondering if the "XML improvements" project is a
> completely new approach, maybe even superceding the
> approach outlined

At this point in time, I don't believe there's any single best way to
go regarding XML-handling in PostgreSQL. If you have a neat project
idea, please propose it to us on Google's site!

--
Jonah H. Harris, Database Internals Architect
EnterpriseDB Corporation