Re: single task postgresql

From: mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
To: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: single task postgresql
Date: 2002-02-27 12:16:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> we have to support earlier windows which have no shared memory support.

I'm pretty sure it could a configuration option then. Using a file is just
plain stupid. "Every" version of Windows has supported shared memory in one
form or another.

What version are you wishing to support which the cygwin guys claim does not
have shared memory?

I'm prety sure I can write a shared memory interface for Windows which should
work across all "supported" versions.

(BTW I have been a Windows developer since version 1.03.)