Re: TODO question

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Pavlo Baron <pb(at)pbit(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TODO question
Date: 2001-12-28 15:07:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> ok, but what's the exact process of integrating patches made by new
> contributers (or smb. who tries to become a contributer, smb. like me ,-) )?
> I made (and remade, thank you Tom) a patch for "Allow INSERT INTO my_table
> VALUES (a, b, c, DEFAULT, x, y, z, ...)" from the TODO list being a small
> nice item. How do I know if it's been accepted? I explicitely wanted to
> begin with such small items, because: what looks small'n'easy for you guys
> would take some time for me to implement, and if I've got it after I jogged
> through the whole parser, maybe it would look small'n'easy for me, too.

You have seen the process for acceptance, with the exception of the "OK,
applied!" exchange that happens at the end. That is because we have not
quite released 7.2, and the source tree is essentially frozen for the
next month or so.

btw, it *may* be premature to assume that your patches are completely
accepted yet, since none of us are very focused on new features at this
moment.

If you had submitted patches three months ago, they would be in the 7.2
release ;)

- Thomas