Re: TODO question

From: "Pavlo Baron" <pb(at)pbit(dot)org>
To: <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TODO question
Date: 2001-12-28 16:29:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart:
> You have seen the process for acceptance, with the exception of the "OK,
> applied!" exchange that happens at the end. That is because we have not
> quite released 7.2, and the source tree is essentially frozen for the
> next month or so.

no problem, if I don't hear a *NO!*, it could be a *maybe yes...*

> btw, it *may* be premature to assume that your patches are completely
> accepted yet, since none of us are very focused on new features at this
> moment.

I really don't assume the immediate acceptance of my patches, I'm just
impregnating the codebase, so I ask some questions, and there are, IMHO, not
very lot of them, and I hope it's not a big problem if I submit my patches
sometimes with a complete description on what I did so nobody really needs
(I know very very very precise about a Release completion phase %-( )
immediately to take a look at the code I wrote but possibly at the concept I
used doing that.

> If you had submitted patches three months ago, they would be in the 7.2
> release ;)

I think, my timing is perfect! Before you guys are got rid of the 7.2, I'll
be ready to take care of some new features and learn it by doing and
providing portions which have a chance to survive! I think, I've got a lot
of ideas and usefull experiences, so may be some of them would be usefull
for PostgreSQL, too.
Excuse me my enthusiasm, but I don't think it's a problem

rgds
Pavlo Baron