New install Error : FATAL: could not create lock file "postmaster.pid"

From: Václav Kyselý <vaclav(dot)kysely(at)vltavinleas(dot)cz>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New install Error : FATAL: could not create lock file "postmaster.pid"
Date: 2009-06-03 07:42:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I have problem with Postgre SQL 8.3.7 (beta the same).

I have at event log : "%t FATAL: could not create lock file
"postmaster.pid": Permission denied"
At PgAdmin I cannot Connect to database : it writing "false ..."

- My systém Windows XP Pro SP3 - i have admin privilegs on systém
- I try take PostgreSQL user at accounts admin privilegs (not help)
- I try Uninstall Postgre, delete directory PostgreSQL, Stop all resident
programs and install Postgre (not help)
- I try run postgre service as Local Account ... (not help)

Please can anybody help me ?

Very thanks

Kyssling