Re: 7.1 docs

From: "He Weiping(Laser Henry)" <laser(at)zhengmai(dot)com(dot)cn>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.1 docs
Date: 2001-03-25 02:08:14
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Tatsuo Ishii writes:
>
> > I have a plan to translate 7.1 docs into Japanases
>
> Btw...
>
> One thing I am thinking about doing for the 7.2 cycle is set up the
> doc/src/ directory in a way to keep translations in tree. It would
> probably look something like:
>
> doc/src/
> sgml/ -- original (implicitly en_US)
> en_GB/ -- translation
> de_DE/ -- translation
>
> This way (or at least the way I'm imagining it) you would make a directory
> for you language, copy the file over that you want to translate, and edit
> it there. When you build, all the files that you haven't done will be
> picked up from the original.
>
> How does that sound?

Wonderful! I think I can provide en_GB encoding translations.
May be because there are lack of some software package, I still can't
generate other format (html, ps etc.) on my machine after upgrade to 7.1,
but the old Makefile is ok. don't know why, if put up there, then you can
generate other format without problem.

Thanks & Regards

Laser Henry