Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.

From: Mike Mascari <mascarm(at)mascari(dot)com>
To: Red Pineseed <yue207(at)home(dot)com>
Cc: David Lloyd-Jones <david(dot)lloyd-jones(at)attcanada(dot)ca>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.
Date: 2000-07-31 03:42:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Red Pineseed wrote:

> It looks like you don't have the user permission set up
> properly. Here is a jpg much like what you have descrbibed
> in the message. What the postmaster is not running in the
> background or the user permission is not set properly, you
> get a message like that.
>
> use the createuser command to create user and set proper
> permision and connect the db like.
>
> Philip

Except that there's a difference between "Connection refused",
which is typical of the postmaster not being started with the -i
option, and "Network unreachable", which is typical of a TCP/IP
application where the kernel cannot resolve the route to the
destination host. The user never did specify the success/failure
of testing loop-back via telnet on 127.0.0.1. My bet is it didn't
work. My money's on Tom Lane.

Mike Mascari