Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.

From: Red Pineseed <yue207(at)home(dot)com>
Cc: David Lloyd-Jones <david(dot)lloyd-jones(at)attcanada(dot)ca>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.
Date: 2000-07-31 01:54:24
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

It looks like you don't have the user permission set up
properly. Here is a jpg much like what you have descrbibed
in the message. What the postmaster is not running in the
background or the user permission is not set properly, you
get a message like that.

use the createuser command to create user and set proper
permision and connect the db like.

Philip

Tom Lane wrote:

> "David Lloyd-Jones" <david(dot)lloyd-jones(at)attcanada(dot)ca> writes:
> > than one can read them) but I don't see how this adds up: I'm not on a
> > network, and PSQL, which is a front end to PostgreSQL, just like PGAccess is
> > supposed to be, is running fine.
>
> By default, psql connects via a Unix-socket path, not by TCP. PGAccess
> is written differently and always tries to connect by TCP. If you try
> to start psql with "-h localhost" or some such, it will try TCP and
> fail in the same way ...
>
> regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/jpeg 23.7 KB