Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"

From: Jan Dittberner <jan(at)jan-dittberner(dot)de>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Mandrake RPMS, was "Building PostgreSQL 7.0.1 documentation"
Date: 2000-06-15 14:55:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Lamar Owen wrote:

> > For the Mandrake stuff, perhaps we can do it as a team; the first
> > important step is for someone to start "babysitting" it, just building
> > and posting the RPMs from Lamar's sources, then posting the results at
> > Mandrake's web site.
>
> Yes! Try a simple --rebuild of my SRPM first -- then, send me a diff of
> what it takes to get it to build right (including policy-type things,
> such as bzip instead of gzip, or pgcc instead of egcs, or different
> initscripts directory structure, etc.). Be sure to include any other
> patches that may need to be included, and I'll try to get things
> incorporated right away. As I only have RedHat 6.2+ boxen at the moment
> (soon to get access to a SPARC, hopefully), I can only build and test on
> them.

I did so, I build packages for Mandrake. Your SPEC file is great and
I had only to do some little changes for full Mandrake compliance.

- pack all source files with bzip2, even those you left uncompressed
- extract the .jar files and the init/logrotate scripts at their destination
- bzip2 all man pages

That's all, I will upload the SRPM to the Mandrake incoming directory
in the later evening and will notify Lenny Cartier (MandrakeSoft).

I've attached my spec file.

Jan

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql.spec text/plain 22.6 KB