From: "Mirko Geffken" <mgeffken(at)corcoranweb(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2000-06-15 15:19:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

although this is more of a general question I thought that the "Hackers" might now a better answer for this one.

I am considering a recompile of my RPM installed postgres installation (since I am guessing it was not build using Pentium optimization (and possibly even other optimizations)).

My question is whether anyone has experience with the performance gain of this, or better is it worth the effort?

If it is worth it, does anyone know what optimization level it is safe to compile PostgreSQL with? (I mean -O2, -O3, -O1000 :) )

Thanks
Mirko

  • Re: at 2000-06-15 15:59:13 from Lamar Owen