Re: [GENERAL] ISO week dates

From: "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Guillaume Lelarge" <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] ISO week dates
Date: 2007-02-17 00:13:37
Lists: pgsql-patches

On 2/17/07, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Yes, it was: you now have two duplicate tests in timestamp.sql, and
> no corresponding test in timestamptz.sql. It looks to me like the
> submitter intended to be testing timestamp_tbl in the former file
> and the same tests against timestamptz_tbl in the latter. Please
> recheck the diff and fix.

Tom's right. Looking back at the patch, it was a simple coding error.
The test in timestamptz.sql should have been querying TIMESTAMPTZ_TBL
not TIMESTAMP_TBL. The intent was to run the same tests against both
timestamp and timestamptz.

Looks like I failed to run the parallel tests after my last round of
modifications, as Alvaro suggested. That was my bad.

I'll have a patch for proper handling of invalid formatting codes
soon. And I'll be sure to test it in every way I can find to do so.

BJ