Re: [HACKERS] Can ICU be used for a database's default sort order?

From: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Vladimir Borodin <root(at)simply(dot)name>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Marina Polyakova <m(dot)polyakova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Can ICU be used for a database's default sort order?
Date: 2018-02-10 15:45:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

> 2 февр. 2018 г., в 21:14, Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> написал(а):
>
> On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 4:22 AM, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru> wrote:
>> I can try to do this before next CF. But ISTM that EDB and Postgres Pro already have various flavours of similar feature. Maybe they are planning to publish that?
>
> I would definitely review that patch.

I've contacted Postgres Professional. Marina Polyakova had kindly provided their patch.
The patch allows to use libc locale with ICU collation as default for cluster or database.

It seems that this patch brings important long-awaited feature and deserves to be included in last v11 commitfest.
Peter, everyone, do you agree with this? Or should we better adapt this work through v12 cycle?

I'm planning to provide review asap and do necessary changes if required (this was discussed with Marina and Postgres Professional).

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-ICU-as-default-collation-provider.txt text/plain 191.6 KB