Re: [HACKERS] problems recovering 6.1 db

From: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
To: Andrey V Khavryutchenko <akhavr(at)compchem(dot)kiev(dot)ua>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] problems recovering 6.1 db
Date: 1998-12-30 15:10:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I have to recover old db, produced by pgsql 6.1. The binaries are
> lost and fresh compiled postgres dumps core.
> Can anyone suggest the way to fix the bug, so I can dump out the db
> and reload it to the last stable postgresql version?

Out of curiosity, what platform are you running on? I've still got v6.1
(and v6.1.1) tar files and source trees on my linux/libc5 machine, and
could build binaries for you if they happen to match. Are you *sure* you
had a v6.1 installation, as opposed to a v6.1.1? Both releases had fixes
for some hashing operations, and I'll bet they need to match exactly
with your database.

Also, if your "mailingad" database is small, not confidential, and
binary compatible with my machine I could try reading it here.

Good luck.

- Tom