Re: [PHP3] User Authentication Failed

From: engelbert gruber <engelbert(dot)gruber(at)metasys(dot)co(dot)at>
To: Richard Lynch <lynch(at)lscorp(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, php3(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net
Subject: Re: [PHP3] User Authentication Failed
Date: 1998-05-27 08:33:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Richard Lynch wrote:

> The PostgreSQL Glimpse mailing list search thing is down.
>
> I found some similar things in PHP's archives, but none that really seemed
> applicable. I only know half the story, though, because my ISP is running
> PostgreSQL and compiling PHP for me, so it's hard to play around with
> options and such.
>
> All I can say for sure is:
>
> The php.cgi seems to work okay from the web, as far as phpinfo goes.

includes postgres support I assume

> psql -u chat works okay, and I've granted everything to user www, and
> verified that I can psql -u chat and use www as name and password and do a
> select.
>
> Is there something I need to do to "grant connect access" to user www?
> I can't seem to find such a beast...
>
> php.cgi -v reports version 3.0b6, but my ISP claimed it was an RC release...
>
> php.cgi is owned by my login name, and when it used to be owned by root, it
> had an even nastier error message about misconfiguration :-)
>
> PostgreSQL is probably the most recent version, since it was just rebuilt,
> which is what caused the trouble.

maybe that causes the trouble when php was built with an older (6.2)
postgresand now tries to access 6.3.

couldn´t you build your own php and try to connect to pgsql ?

engelbert gruber
METASYS Datentechnik
- innsbruck/austria/europe
email : Engelbert(dot)Gruber(at)metasys(dot)co(dot)at

webpg : http://www.metasys.co.at