Re: [HACKERS] Connect string again

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)topsystem(dot)de>
To: tih(at)Hamartun(dot)Priv(dot)NO (Tom Ivar Helbekkmo)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org (PostgreSQL Hacker)
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Connect string again
Date: 1998-05-27 07:34:24
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Tom Ivar Helbekkmo writes:
> > Yes, it's a typo. That happens if you have to use a M$ system for work.
>
> Another thing that happens when you have to do that is that you follow
> up someone's mail message, and end up generating a message that begins
> with a short answer to no obvious question, then has a legal signature
> separator, then your signature, and finally the entire message that
> you're responding to, including a selection of header lines that your
> M$ software has mangled so that they're now plain wrong.

It's horrible, isn't it? There is a way to tell M$ Exchange to not put the
answered mail at the end. But Exchange isn't able to use international
standars, like Re: for reply.- It insist on AW: for the german Antwort.
So I have to stick with Outlook.

> I'm considering telling Procmail to dump anything written with Outlook
> (that's its name, right?) directly into /dev/null. It takes too much
> time trying to figure out what the context of the message is.

Good move.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes(at)topsystem(dot)de | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20