Re: [INTERFACES] Naming of the PostreSQL ODBC .dll file

From: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)insightdist(dot)com>
To: "Julia A(dot)Case" <julie(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Naming of the PostreSQL ODBC .dll file
Date: 1998-04-17 20:13:42
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Julia,

That was one of the biggest changes with this driver. It no longer supports
16 bit windows. All the messy Dummy Handle Lists that used to be mainted were
eliminated and now the handle is the pointer to the structure for all the
Statement functions. The old driver used GlobalAlloc and GlobalLock to handle
16 bit because the pointer returned by malloc may be moved and is not
sufficient to be used for a handle. In 32 bit windows, you can safely use
malloc.

Our web site explains this.

I sure hope this driver doesn't have to support 16 bit!

Byron