Re: Concerns about this release

From: Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh(at)pop(dot)jaring(dot)my>
To: (mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>)
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Concerns about this release
Date: 2001-12-18 16:53:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At 10:58 AM 12/18/01 -0500, mlw wrote:

>Are all the PostgreSQL developers really, really, sure that all the new
>features in 7.2 are ready for prime time?

Probably needs more testing - given the recent performance stuff and some
other issues.

For me there's no rush - vacuum isn't as big a pain to me as it is for
other people, and 7.1.3 seems to work well enough for now ;).

7.1 was significantly better overall than 7.0 which was better overall than
6.5.3.

I hope once 7.2 is ready it will be significantly better than 7.1. This
time it might not be better in everything, but hopefully it'll be
convincingly better.

Cheerio,
Link.