Re: postgresql 7.3.3

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Franco Bruno Borghesi <franco(at)akyasociados(dot)com(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql 7.3.3
Date: 2003-05-29 19:55:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Franco Bruno Borghesi <franco(at)akyasociados(dot)com(dot)ar> writes:
> I've downloaded the new version of postgresql, and when trying to compile it, I get some errors

> pg_dump.c:192: elements of array `long_options' have incomplete type
> pg_dump.c:273: warning: implicit declaration of function `getopt_long'

Hm. It would seem that configure found the getopt_long() function in
libc, but the <getopt.h> include file either doesn't exist or doesn't
declare the function and associated structures. Maybe you need to
install header files to go along with your libraries?

If you just want a quick and dirty solution, undefining HAVE_GETOPT_LONG
in src/include/pg_config.h would probably make it compile.