Re: problem delete record error:heap_mark4update

From: Franco Bruno Borghesi <franco(at)akyasociados(dot)com(dot)ar>
To: "Alam Surya" <alam_surya(at)telkom(dot)net>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: problem delete record error:heap_mark4update
Date: 2003-05-29 20:00:48
Lists: pgsql-general

The same happened to me a while ago, it was not a delete but an update.

Tom Lane posted something about this problem, the error appeared (as far as I can remember) when in the
same command a tuple got modified more than once (because of a join in a one to many relationed
table, for example).

Yours doesn't seem to be the case, but perhaps a trigger is trying to do an update or something.

Anyway, I remember Tom was working on it, I don't know if there is a patch already, but I solved the
problem rewriting the update query in a way that the same tupple didn't get parsed twice.

Hope it helps.