Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove Jan Wieck's name from copyrights, and put in standard

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove Jan Wieck's name from copyrights, and put in standard
Date: 2006-03-10 01:01:00
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> I wonder what would have happened if I had stuck my name in the
> autovacuum.c, pg_shdepend.c or multixact.c files

We would have asked you for permission to change it to the standard
project copyright.

The plpgsql and pltcl files date from a time when we weren't paying
much attention to having a consistent copyright notice on all parts
of the source distribution, but now we are.

Seeing that now you're working for a company that depends on the ability
to redistribute the PG code commercially, I would think you'd be all for
making sure that the legalities are nicely lined up. Do you really want
to dig through the source tree at every release to see whether you can
redistribute all of it?