Re: case insensitive search with greek characters

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Giannis Vrentzos <gvre(at)NOSPAM(dot)gvre(dot)gr>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: case insensitive search with greek characters
Date: 2004-08-15 18:54:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Giannis Vrentzos <gvre(at)NOSPAM(dot)gvre(dot)gr> writes:
> ... everything is fine. As you can see the problem is at char .
> I 'm using ENCODING = 'ISO_8859_7'. I also tried with unicode but no luck.

upper/lower casing behavior depends on locale, not encoding (though you
also need to be sure your encoding is what the selected locale expects).
I suspect you initdb'd with the wrong locale environment settings.
Check by doing
show lc_ctype;
show lc_collate;
If it's not the right thing then you'll need to re-initdb :-(