Re: navigation menu for documents

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)pgexperts(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: navigation menu for documents
Date: 2009-07-14 22:15:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Le 14 juil. 09 à 22:17, Andrew Dunstan a écrit :
> For a very long time I have thought that it would be useful to have
> some sort of navigation menu for the docs

Oh yes, pretty please :)

> Navigating the docs requires far too much use of the back button and
> up links, IMNSHO. A menu frame would make them far more usable.

No, please, no frame! Really...

What I'm thinking about is to extend current "breadcumb" at the top of
the page to include chapter, section, subsection. So that for exemple
the following page:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/datatype-geometric.html#AEN5480

Would have at its top:
Home → Documentation → Manuals → PostgreSQL 8.3 → Data Types
→ Geometric Types → Points

Well the last entry, Points, I'm not so sure about. But I think you
get the idea.

Regards,
--
dim