Re: unresolved bugs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unresolved bugs
Date: 2010-01-06 20:36:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> The first of these in particular is a fairly detailed report of what
> looks might be a fairly serious problem.

> pg_listener entries deleted under heavy NOTIFY load only on Windows
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-12/msg00274.php

Yeah, that needs to be looked at by a Windows expert (ie not me).

> COPY staments with paths containing non-ASCII characters under WinXP
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-12/msg00267.php

The general question of what to do with non-ASCII paths is still open.
I don't think there's any consensus about what to do about it, mainly
because it's not clear that we know what encoding is in use in the
filesystem. In any case, defining the problem as limited to COPY,
or to Windows, seems to me to be missing the point.

> BUG #5245: Full Server Certificate Chain Not Sent to client
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-12/msg00145.php

Not clear to me whether this is a bug, or at least our bug.
Isn't that behavior entirely openssl's to determine?

> BUG #5236: Aparent bug in ecpg
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-12/msg00078.php

Michael needs to look at that one.

> incorrect exit code from psql with single transaction + violation of
> deferred FK constraint
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-10/msg00039.php

Seems like a bug to me too, or at least dubious.