Re: unresolved bugs

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: unresolved bugs
Date: 2010-01-07 15:55:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 21:36, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>> The first of these in particular is a fairly detailed report of what
>> looks might be a fairly serious problem.
>
>> pg_listener entries deleted under heavy NOTIFY load only on Windows
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-12/msg00274.php
>
> Yeah, that needs to be looked at by a Windows expert (ie not me).

I missed that one. Will add to my list.

>> BUG #5245: Full Server Certificate Chain Not Sent to client
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-12/msg00145.php
>
> Not clear to me whether this is a bug, or at least our bug.

It's not a bug, it's potentially a feature request :)

> Isn't that behavior entirely openssl's to determine?

No, I think we can control that somehow.

Let's leave it on the open items list, and I'll try to find some time
to investigate it. Since it's behavior change, it's probably 8.5
material, and not backpatch. Oh, and if somebody else has the time to
investigate it, please be my guest :)

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/