Re: Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: flyvholm(at)fys(dot)ku(dot)dk
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist
Date: 2006-01-30 04:39:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-ports

Poul Jensen <flyvholm(at)fys(dot)ku(dot)dk> writes:
> I've found that a folder containing a libgen.so file is mounted on the
> machine, but physically located on a different machine (which is why I
> didn't find it using 'locate'). The libgen.so file belongs to a software
> package for handling the radar data I'm working with. Other than that,
> there is a libgen.h file but no libgen.a or libgen.so.(anything).

Hm. Maybe we should remove the libgen item from configure. I have no
idea what platform it was required on (and there's no documentation
in the configure script about it) ... but it's very likely obsolete.

> Would you know what I need to fix to let the installation proceed?

I'd suggest make clean, edit src/Makefile.global to remove -lgen from
the LIBS macro, and rebuild.