Re: Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist

From: Poul Jensen <flyvholm(at)fys(dot)ku(dot)dk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist
Date: 2006-01-30 04:34:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-ports

Tom Lane wrote:

>"Poul Jensen" <flyvholm(at)fys(dot)ku(dot)dk> writes:
>

>>./zic: error while loading shared libraries: libgen.so: cannot open shared
>>object file: No such file or directory
>>

>Our configure script will pick up libgen if it exists, but it's a bit
>hard to see how the configure script's test could succeed if there's no
>such library anywhere on the machine. Did you look for libgen.a or
>libgen.so.N ?
>
> regards, tom lane

Thank you very much Tom.

I've found that a folder containing a libgen.so file is mounted on the
machine, but physically located on a different machine (which is why I
didn't find it using 'locate'). The libgen.so file belongs to a software
package for handling the radar data I'm working with. Other than that,
there is a libgen.h file but no libgen.a or libgen.so.(anything).

Would you know what I need to fix to let the installation proceed?

Thanks,
Poul Jensen