Re: Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist

From: Poul Jensen <flyvholm(at)fys(dot)ku(dot)dk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist
Date: 2006-01-30 06:12:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-ports

>>Would you know what I need to fix to let the installation proceed?
>>

>I'd suggest make clean, edit src/Makefile.global to remove -lgen from
>the LIBS macro, and rebuild.
>
> regards, tom lane

gmake clean + editing the makefile didn't quite do, but after deleting
the whole installation folder and the /usr/local/pgsql folder (I doubt
this was necessary, but went ahead since I had no data in there) I redid
the normal installation procedure with the one modification you pointed
me to: After running ./configure (but before gmake) I removed -lgen from
the LIBS macro in src/Makefile.global.
Installation completed. Thank you Tom!

Poul Jensen