Re: Patches split from 7.3 queue

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patches split from 7.3 queue
Date: 2002-02-23 17:23:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> OK, I have done my best to split out the accepted patches from the other
> open items in 7.3. My logic was to move any patch that generated no
> negative feedback into the to-be-applied queue at:

Like Peter, I am *extremely* concerned that you seem to be taking an
apply-by-default approach to these queued patches. Most of them have
not seen any review, and it's unreasonable to expect the reviewers to
deal with such a huge pile in a short period of time.

At minimum, I want to take an approach of apply-only-after-positive-
review to these.

> I would like to clean out both of these lists in the next week.

If you want it done that quickly, then reject 'em all. We all have
other tasks besides reviewing.

I don't normally like being this strict, but because of the unusually
long beta cycle for 7.2, we have a massive backlog here. We cannot
take a business-as-usual approach to dealing with it.