Re: Patches split from 7.3 queue

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patches split from 7.3 queue
Date: 2002-02-23 20:21:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I don't normally like being this strict, but because of the unusually
> long beta cycle for 7.2, we have a massive backlog here. We cannot
> take a business-as-usual approach to dealing with it.

Reasons I want to wrap this up in one week:

We just split off the CVS tree so it is a good time to do this.

Submitters have waited months for patch application.

The tree will get farther and farther out of sync with these patches,
making patch application harder as time goes on.

If no one can look at them in one week, I question whether a few more
weeks will make any difference.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us