Unportable use of uname in pg_upgrade test script

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Unportable use of uname in pg_upgrade test script
Date: 2012-09-29 16:13:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

BTW, I tried the pg_upgrade regression tests this morning on my dinosaur
HPUX box, and it promptly fell over with:

uname: illegal option -- o
usage: uname [-amnrsvil] [-S nodename]
make: *** [check] Error 1

This is not terribly surprising, because the -o option is nowhere to be
seen in the Single Unix Spec definition of uname; which means this is
likely to fail on other platforms too. I would suggest using -s, or no
option at all, or finding some other way to identify Windows/MSys.