Re: Importing pg_bsd_indent into our source tree

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Importing pg_bsd_indent into our source tree
Date: 2023-02-09 21:02:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 2023-02-09 13:30:30 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> 0003 lacks meson support (anyone want to help with that?)

I'll give it a go, unless somebody else wants to.

Do we expect pg_bsd_indent to build / work on windows, right now? If it
doesn't, do we want to make that a hard requirement?

I'll have CI test that, once I added meson support.

> I'd anticipate pushing 0001-0003 shortly but holding 0004 until we are ready
> to do the post-March-CF pgindent run. (Come to think of it, 0004 had
> probably better include a pg_bsd_indent version bump too.)

How large is the diff that creates? If it's not super-widespread, it might be
ok to do that earlier. I wouldn't mind not seeing that uglyness every time I
run pgindent on a patch... Although I guess post-March-CF isn't that far away
at this point :)

Greetings,

Andres Freund