Re: Importing pg_bsd_indent into our source tree

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Importing pg_bsd_indent into our source tree
Date: 2023-02-09 21:42:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 2023-02-09 13:30:30 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> 0003 lacks meson support (anyone want to help with that?)

> I'll give it a go, unless somebody else wants to.

Thanks.

> Do we expect pg_bsd_indent to build / work on windows, right now?

It would be desirable, for sure. I've not noticed anything remarkably
unportable in the code, so probably it's just a matter of getting the
build infrastructure to build it. I suppose that we aren't going to
update the src/tools/msvc scripts anymore, so getting meson to handle
it should be enough??

>> I'd anticipate pushing 0001-0003 shortly but holding 0004 until we are ready
>> to do the post-March-CF pgindent run. (Come to think of it, 0004 had
>> probably better include a pg_bsd_indent version bump too.)

> How large is the diff that creates? If it's not super-widespread, it might be
> ok to do that earlier.

It wasn't that big; I posted it in the thread discussing that change.

I think the real issue might just be that, assuming we bump the
pg_bsd_indent version number, that in itself would force interested
committers to update their copy Right Now. I'd rather give a little
notice.