Re: doc: add missing "id" attributes to extension packaging page

From: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)karlpinc(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de>, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: doc: add missing "id" attributes to extension packaging page
Date: 2023-01-09 22:28:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 15:18:18 -0500

> Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de> writes:
> > On 09.01.2023 at 03:38, vignesh C wrote:
> >> There are couple of commitfest entries for this:
> >> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/41/4041/
> >> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/41/4042/ Can one of them be
> >> closed?
>
> > I've split the initial patch into two parts upon Álvaro's request
> > in [1] so that we can discuss them separately

> I pushed the ID-addition patch, with a few fixes:

> It's probably going to be necessary to have follow-on patches,
> because I'm sure there is stuff in the pipeline that adds more
> ID-less tags. Or do we have a way to create warnings about that?

I am unclear on how to make warnings with xslt. You can make
a listing of problems, but who would read it if the build
completed successfully? You can make errors and abort.

But my xslt and docbook and pg-docs-fu are a bit stale.

I think there's more to comment on regards the xslt in the
other patch, but I'll wait for the new thread for that patch.
That might be where there should be warnings raised, etc.

Regards,

Karl <kop(at)karlpinc(dot)com>
Free Software: "You don't pay back, you pay forward."
-- Robert A. Heinlein