Re: test_decoding assertion failure for the loss of top-sub transaction relationship

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com
Subject: Re: test_decoding assertion failure for the loss of top-sub transaction relationship
Date: 2022-09-02 04:16:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Good catch, and thanks for the patch!

At Fri, 2 Sep 2022 01:08:04 +0000, "kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote in
> PSA patch that fixes the failure.
> This adds pairs of sub-top transactions to the SnapBuild, and it will be serialized and restored.
> The pair will be checked when we mark the ReorderBufferTXN as RBTXN_HAS_CATALOG_CHANGES.

A commit record has all subtransaction ids and SnapBuildCommitTxn()
already checks if every one has catalog changes before checking the
top transaction's catalog changes. So, no need to record top-sub
transaction relationship to serialized snapshots. If any of the
subtransactions has catalog changes, the commit contains catalog
changes.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi