Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
Date: 2022-07-21 11:20:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2022-Jul-21, Thomas Munro wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 11:01 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote:

> > I've got no opinions on this. I don't like either 1 or 3, so I'm going
> > to add and backpatch a new GUC allow_recovery_tablespaces as the
> > override mechanism.
> >
> > If others disagree with this choice, please speak up.
>
> Would it help if we back-patched the allow_in_place_tablespaces stuff?
> I'm not sure how hard/destabilising that would be, but I could take a
> look tomorrow.

Yeah, I think that would reduce cruft. I'm not sure this is more
against backpatching policy or less, compared to adding a separate
GUC just for this bugfix.

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"The problem with the facetime model is not just that it's demoralizing, but