Re: Implicitly created operator family not listed by pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Implicitly created operator family not listed by pg_event_trigger_ddl_commands
Date: 2022-05-20 15:23:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 2022-May-20, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> On 2022-May-20, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>
> > I think that the event trigger that emits these NOTICE messages
> > doesn't exist in 13 or older branches. It was added by 2d689babe3c.
>
> Oh, hahah. Hmm, I feel inclined to add the trigger rather than remove
> the lines from the expected output.

So I'm inclined to add the attached patch before the bugfix, in branches
10-13. It simply adds the new event trigger to the existing test case,
being careful not to trip on the error message that it would generate
otherwise, for a bug that was only fixed in 14.

The other option, of course, is to not backpatch any of this earlier
than 14. But the OP says she was experimenting with version 10
initially.

--
Álvaro Herrera Breisgau, Deutschland — https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Java is clearly an example of money oriented programming" (A. Stepanov)

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-add-regression-tests-by-2d689babe3cb.patch text/x-diff 10.1 KB