Re: Possible uninitialized use of the variables (src/backend/access/transam/twophase.c)

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz
Cc: ranier(dot)vf(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible uninitialized use of the variables (src/backend/access/transam/twophase.c)
Date: 2022-02-14 09:02:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Mon, 14 Feb 2022 11:07:19 +0900, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote in
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 11:38:44AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > The proposed change is incomplete anyway once you consider this
> > argument. First, there is no need to set up those fields in
> > EndPrepare() anymore if there is no origin data, no? It would be good
> > to comment that these are filled in EndPrepare(), I guess, once you do
> > the initialization in StartPrepare().
>
> That still looked better on a fresh look in terms of consistency, so
> applied this way.

FWIW +1. That is what I had in my mind at the time of posting my
comment, but I choosed not to make a change. It is one way to keep
consistency. (And works to silence Coverity.)

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center