Collation version tracking for macOS

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Collation version tracking for macOS
Date: 2022-02-14 09:00:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

During development, I have been using the attached patch to simulate
libc collation versions on macOS. It just uses the internal major OS
version number. I don't know to what the extend the libc locales on
macOS are maintained or updated at all, so I don't know what practical
effect this would have. Again, it's mainly for development. If there
is interest from others, I think we could add this, maybe disabled by
default, or we just keep it in the mailing list archives for interested
parties.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Collation-version-tracking-for-macOS.patch text/plain 1.7 KB