Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions

From: Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: multi-install PostgresNode fails with older postgres versions
Date: 2021-04-12 12:59:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 20:07:41 +0200
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais <jgdr(at)dalibo(dot)com> wrote:
[...]
> > > Let me know if it worth that I work on an official patch.
> >
> > Let's give it a try ...
>
> OK

So, as promised, here is my take to port my previous work on PostgreSQL
source tree.

Make check pass with no errors. The new class probably deserve some own TAP
tests.

Note that I added a PostgresVersion class for easier and cleaner version
comparisons. This could be an interesting take away no matter what.

I still have some more ideas to cleanup, revamp and extend the base class, but
I prefer to go incremental to keep things review-ability.

Thanks,

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Draft-Makes-PostgresNode-multi-version-aware.patch text/x-patch 22.7 KB