Re: Interest in GSoC 2021 Projects

From: Mark Wong <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Yixin Shi <esing(at)umich(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Interest in GSoC 2021 Projects
Date: 2021-02-27 00:58:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 03:56:17PM +0800, Yixin Shi wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am Yixin Shi, a junior student majoring in Computer Science at University
> of Michigan. I notice that the project ideas for GSoC 2021 have been posted
> on your webpage and I am quite interested in two of them. I really wish to
> take part in the project *Make plsample a more complete procedural language
> handler example (2021)* considering both my interest and ability. The
> potential mentor for this Project is *Mark Wong*. I am also interested in
> the project *Improve PostgreSQL Regression Test Coverage (2021)* and the
> potential mentor is *Andreas Scherbaum* and *Stephen Frost*.
>

> I would like to learn more about these two projects but failed to contact
> the mentors. How can I contact them? Also, I really hope to join the
> project. Are there any suggestions on application?

The idea for plsample is to continue providing working code and
documentation examples so that plsample can be used as a template for
creating additional language handlers.

Depending on the individual's comfort level, some effort may need to be
put into studying the current handlers for ideas on how to implement the
lacking functionality in plsample.

Does that help?

Regards,
Mark