Re: pg_stat_progress_basebackup - progress reporting for pg_basebackup, in the server side

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com
Cc: amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com, masahiko(dot)sawada(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_stat_progress_basebackup - progress reporting for pg_basebackup, in the server side
Date: 2020-03-03 00:27:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

At Mon, 2 Mar 2020 17:29:30 +0900, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com> wrote in
> > Attached is the updated version of the patch.
> > The previous patch used only pgstat_progress_update_param()
> > even when updating multiple values. Since those updates are
> > not atomic, this can cause readers of the values to see
> > the intermediate states. To avoid this issue, the latest patch
> > uses pgstat_progress_update_multi_param(), instead.
>
> Attached the updated version of the patch.
> Barring any objections, I plan to commit this patch.

It is working as designed and the status names are fine to me.

The last one comment from me.
The newly defined symbols have inconsistent indents.

===
#define PROGRESS_BASEBACKUP_PHASE 0
#define PROGRESS_BASEBACKUP_BACKUP_TOTAL 1
#define PROGRESS_BASEBACKUP_BACKUP_STREAMED 2
#define PROGRESS_BASEBACKUP_TBLSPC_TOTAL 3
#define PROGRESS_BASEBACKUP_TBLSPC_STREAMED 4

/* Phases of pg_basebackup (as advertised via PROGRESS_BASEBACKUP_PHASE) */
#define PROGRESS_BASEBACKUP_PHASE_WAIT_CHECKPOINT 1
#define PROGRESS_BASEBACKUP_PHASE_ESTIMATE_BACKUP_SIZE 2
#define PROGRESS_BASEBACKUP_PHASE_STREAM_BACKUP 3
#define PROGRESS_BASEBACKUP_PHASE_WAIT_WAL_ARCHIVE 4
#define PROGRESS_BASEBACKUP_PHASE_TRANSFER_WAL 5
====

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi