Re: Remove libpq.rc, use win32ver.rc for libpq

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove libpq.rc, use win32ver.rc for libpq
Date: 2020-01-06 08:02:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 05:25:58PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I was wondering why we have a separate libpq.rc for libpq and use
> win32ver.rc for all other components. I suspect this is also a leftover
> from the now-removed client-only Windows build. With a bit of tweaking we
> can use win32ver.rc for libpq as well and remove a bit of duplicative code.
>
> I have tested this patch with MSVC and MinGW.

The patch does not apply anymore because of two conflicts with the
copyright dates, could you rebase it? Reading through it, the change
looks sensible. However I have not looked at it yet in details.

- FILEFLAGSMASK 0x17L
+ FILEFLAGSMASK VS_FFI_FILEFLAGSMASK
Are you sure with the mapping here? I would have thought that
VS_FF_DEBUG is not necessary when using release-quality builds, which
is something that can be configured with build.pl, and that it would
be better to not enforce VS_FF_PRERELEASE all the time.
--
Michael