Re: BUG #16100: Cannot access to the sever with the password

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Alnaica Augustave <alnaica(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #16100: Cannot access to the sever with the password
Date: 2019-11-08 11:24:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Fri, Nov 08, 2019 at 10:39:47AM +0000, Alnaica Augustave wrote:
>Hi,
>
>How can I use Postgres with no password? Could you please tell me how to do it?

See https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/auth-trust.html

But be careful, in most cases it's a bad idea. If you have more
questions about this, please ask them on pgsql-general, this list is for
bug reports.

You have not really provided any additional information about the
original issue, so we can't really help with that.

FWIW it's customary here not to top post but respond inline, as it makes
it easier to follow the discussion.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com