Re: pgsql: doc: Add some images

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: doc: Add some images
Date: 2019-08-19 00:18:40
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Hi Jürgen,

On 2019-Aug-18, Jürgen Purtz wrote:

> it is be possible that you face the following situation: the image
> subdirectory contains all ditaa and graphviz source files, but not all
> corresponding svg files. Those svg files are created by the given Makefile
> of this subdirectory resp. should be included in git (and patches - what was
> not the case in one of my patches).

Not really ... I did create the .svg file by invoking the make rule for
it manually.

The files do exist, but they are in the wrong directory: they're in
/pgsql/source/master/doc/src/sgml/images
and the "make postgres-A4.pdf" was invoked in
/pgsql/build/master/doc/src/sgml/images
^^^^^

As I said, if I edit the .fo file to change the "images/foobar.svg"
entry to read "/pgsql/source/master/doc/src/sgml/images/foobar.svg" then
the built docco correctly includes the image.

A "VPATH" build is one where I invoke "configure" from a different
directory.