Re: psql completion bugs with access methods

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql completion bugs with access methods
Date: 2019-06-01 19:41:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jun 01, 2019 at 12:25:29PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand starting 10 threads about approximately the
> same topic. That seems purely confusing.

Well, each topic is separated IMO and has a separate patch, so I just
wanted to keep the discussion of each issue clear.

> On 2019-06-01 15:10:07 -0400, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> I have bumped into a couple of issues with psql completion for access
>> methods:
>> 1) CREATE INDEX USING suggests both index and table AMs.
>
> Let's fix that.
>
>> 2) CREATE TABLE USING has no completion support, USING not being
>> included in the completion, and the follow-up table AMs are missing as
>> well.
>> 3) CREATE ACCESS METHOD TYPE suggests only INDEX.
>
> I don't think these are bugs. I'm fine with adding those for 12, but I
> don't think it's needed.

I would just fix both. Once you apply the filtering of access AMs for
indexes, the rest just makes sense to get done as well. If you are
strongly opposed to that, I am fine not to fix it, but as we're on
it.
--
Michael