Re: Google Season of Docs 2019 - PostgreSQL

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Raghav Jajodia <jajodia(dot)raghav(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Google Season of Docs 2019 - PostgreSQL
Date: 2019-05-20 13:46:37
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Greetings,

* Raghav Jajodia (jajodia(dot)raghav(at)gmail(dot)com) wrote:
> I am Raghav Jajodia, a software engineer from Bangalore, India. I have been
> a diligent open source contributor and have been a student under the
> following:
> 1. Google Summer of Code 2017 student
> 2. OWASP Code Sprint Winner
> 3. FOSSASIA CodeHeat 2018 Grand Prize winner

GSoD, based on my understanding, is not intended as an internship and is
not comparable to GSoC in that regard. Instead, it's for experienced
technical writers.

> Apart from building a solid proposal, I would like to know, what exactly
> should I do in this period to increase my chances of selection. I am
> looking forward to be a long term contributor, both in terms of code and
> documentation for PostgreSQL organisation. Looking forward to your response.

I would suggest that you reach out to Google to discuss if GSoD is a
good fit for you. Note also that the PG GSoD wiki page asks for
proposals to be sent to the pgsql-docs mailing list, not here.

Thanks,

Stephen