Re: [PROPOSAL]a new data type 'bytea' for ECPG

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Matsumura, Ryo" <matsumura(dot)ryo(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: 'Michael Meskes' <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL]a new data type 'bytea' for ECPG
Date: 2019-02-01 09:29:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Matsumura-san,

> Sorry to bother you, but I would be grateful if you would comment to me.

Sorry, I didn't know you were waiting on a reply by me.

> > I have a question about ecpg manual when I add article for bytea.
> > I wonder what does the following about VARCHAR mean.
> > I think, if the footnote of VARCHAR is meaningless, I remove it while I add
> > the article for bytea. (I didn't remove in this patch.)

I have no idea where the footnote comes from, but I agree that it doesn't seem
to make sense. The datatype varchar in the C code is handled by the
preprocessor and replaced by a struct definition anyway.

Feel free to remove.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes