Re: Typo in description of replay_lag attribute in pg_stat_replication view

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Maksim Milyutin <milyutinma(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Typo in description of replay_lag attribute in pg_stat_replication view
Date: 2018-12-04 00:18:02
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 06:18:30PM +0300, Maksim Milyutin wrote:
> I have noticed that in description of *flush_lag* in pg_stat_replication
> view (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/monitoring-stats.html#PG-STAT-REPLICATION-VIEW)
> there exists unknown value of synchronous_commit parameter - *remote_flush*.
> I think it was meant to use the value *on*.

Yes, you are right. It should be "on" as "remote_flush" is not a valid
value. remote_flush is listed in SyncCommitLevel though, so this makes
me wonder if we should also introduce a new value for this purpose
available for users. The fix you propose looks good to me. Any
opinions from others?
--
Michael