Re: Request for translation help

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: davecramer(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-translators(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Request for translation help
Date: 2018-07-20 03:14:23
Lists: pgsql-translators

Hello.

At Wed, 18 Jul 2018 14:37:10 -0400, Dave Cramer <davecramer(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote in <CADK3HHK06VA3WOOOragyPk=MhwcL=SwzXoUsh3mc-cY+UWKrdg(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com>
> Hello All,
>
> The JDBC project would like some help 1) fixing our translations and 2)
> adding a translation
>
> The .po files are here
> https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/tree/master/pgjdbc/src/main/java/org/postgresql/translation
>
> And there seems to be some corruption due to a change that occurred here
> https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/commit/e5aab1cd3e49051f46298d8f1fd9f66af1731299#diff-c570cb92bee10b33b00278918b2888b2R1518
>
> We also have a pending pull request which is changing a message here.
>
> https://github.com/pgjdbc/pgjdbc/pull/813#discussion_r203483041
>
> That we need translated.
>
> I'm not sure of the best way to interact with you folks on a related
> project. Is this enough information?
>
> I can facilitate whatever help is required to make your task easier.

I'd like to help for Japanese translation.

I read CONTRIBUTING.md and it says "mvn -Ptranslate compile" is
not for other than maintainer but it is required to update .po
files in sync with .java files. It makes many changes of other
than translations (mainly soruce line numbers). So I'm going to
do the following steps. Are the steps right?

1. run mvn -Ptranslate compile

2. make a commit contains only ja.po file.

3. edit the two messages mentioned in #813

4. again make a commit contains only ja.po file.

5. send a pull request of the two commits above.

I found some messages that have no translation or wrong
translation. May I add the as the third commit in the pull
request?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi